Loose Leaf Rose Tea
Sensual… Indulgent… Uplifting…
So What’s the Backstory on Roses?
Nearly every gal swoons when her fella gets her a beautiful bouquet of roses. And apparently it’s been the same throughout history. For a long time, roses have had a connection to love. For example:
- In ancient Greece and Rome, roses symbolized devotion to Aphrodite/Venus, the goddess of love.
- Cleopatra filled her rooms with fresh rose petals as part of her plan to seduce Marc Antony. She wanted him to remember the opulence and to think of her every time he smelled a rose. (Note: I think the plan worked…)
- During the Victorian Era, restrictive social taboos prevented a lot of open conversation. So, people used roses and different flowers to communicate secret messages. For more about Victorian floriography, head here!
What’s the Meaning of Different Colored Roses?
Different colored roses represent different kinds of love (Source: ProFlowers):
- Red roses = romantic love
- Yellow roses = friendship
- Pink roses = gratitude
- White roses = love within a marriage, or new beginnings
- Orange roses = passion
Loose Leaf Rose Tea in my Teacup?
Yes! Here at CommuniTea Center, we use beautiful pink rose petals in a few of our teas. They add a decadent, floral note to the blend, and the resulting brew is soothing and uplifting.
Please scroll down to read more about CommuniTea Center’s loose leaf rose tea blends!
(O) = contains 95% or more organic ingredients
High Vibration (O)– $3 sample/$14 2oz
“High Vibration” is a lovely blend of rose petals and roasted cacao nibs, plus damiana, orange peel, cinnamon and vanilla. As a result, it’s very uplifting! Plus, the roasted cacao nibs lend it a nice, bittersweet, chocolatey richness. Overall, the effect is floral, sweet, and earthy.
And with that ingredient list, it’s the perfect tea for romance! Ooh la la!!
*Please note that the roasted cacao nibs add a trace amount of caffeine. It’s a teeny tiny bit.
Sleepy Tea (O)– $3 sample/$8 1oz
After their initial purchase, customers frequently return asking for more “Sleepy Tea.” Some have told us that it helps them fall asleep, while others report that it helps them stay asleep throughout the night. Either way, we’re just happy that they’re getting some really good Zzzzz’s.
We think it’s the perfect finish to your day, with chamomile, mint, lemon balm, valerian, and of course, rose petals. So it’s yummy, soothing, and good for you!